Patio and Merchandise Display Encroachments (Amending By-law 2011-030)
BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW NO. 2011 - 030, TO REGULATE PATIO AND MERCHANDISE DISPLAY ENCROACHMENTS ON MUNICIPALLY OWNED PROPERTY
WHEREAS the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, as amended authorizes municipal council to into agreements;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Town of Collingwood passed and enacted By-law No. 2011-030, being a by-law to regulate patio and merchandise display encroachments on municipally owned property;
AND WHEREAS Council deems it expedient to amend Schedule A – Sidewalk Patio and Café Encroachment and Schedule B – Merchandise Display Encroachments to allow sidewalk patios and cafés anywhere in the Downtown Business Improvement Area subject to the conditions listed in the By-law;
NOW THEREFORE COUNCIL OF THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COLLINGWOOD ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. THAT By-law 2011-030 “Definitions” be amended as follows:
a) Addition ofthe term“Sidewalk”, to mean the path set aside as a thoroughfare for pedestrians, and shall not include the concrete/asphalt/paved portion erected and established as a curb.
b) Amending the term“Sidewalk Café” to meana group of tables and chairs and other accessories situated and maintained upon a public sidewalk for the use and consumption of food and beverages sold to the public from, or in, an adjoining or adjacent indoor food and beverage establishment located immediately against the facade of the building not to protrude any further than 0.6 metre (2 feet) from the property line for the length of the business frontage.
c) Amending the term“Storefront Merchandise Area” to mean the area of the public side walk located immediately in front of each business not to protrude any further than 0.6 metres (2 feet) from the property line (storefront) for the length of the business frontage.
2. THAT the “Review of Applications” section be amended to include the following:
h) The encroachment shall ensure a minimum two (2) metre wide unobstructed
3. THAT Schedule “A” – Sidewalk Patio and Café Encroachment of By-law No. 2011-030 be hereby deleted and replaced with Schedule “A”, attached hereto and forming part of this by-law.
4. THAT Schedule “B” – Merchandise Display Encroachments of By-law No. 2011-030 be hereby deleted and replaced with Schedule “B”, attached hereto and forming part of this by-law.
5. THAT this By-law shall come into full force and effect on the date of final passage hereof at which time all By-laws and/or resolutions that are inconsistent with the provisions of this By-law and the same are hereby repealed or rescinded insofar as it is necessary to give effect to the provisions of this By-law.
ENACTED AND PASSED this 27th day of June, 2011.
|2011-087 Amending BL2011-030 Regulating Patio and Merchandise Encroachments.pdf||2.56 MB|