BEING A BY-LAW TO AMEND BY-LAW NO. 03-62 FOR THE REGULATION OF PARKING WITHIN THE TOWN OF COLLINGWOOD
WHEREAS paragraph 1 of subsection 11(3) of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c. 25, as amended, provides Council with the authority to enact by-laws to regulate parking and traffic subject to the Highway Traffic Act;
AND WHEREAS Council deems it expedient to amend By-law No. 03-62 to specify the dates and times of enforcement for parking meters;
NOW THEREFORE THE COUNCIL OF THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COLLINGWOOD HEREBY ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. THAT Part VI of By-law No. 03-62, being a section outlining the terms of enforcement of parking in the Town of Collingwood, be amended by the addition of the following subsection:
3) Enforcement Times – This by-law shall only be enforced between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday, excluding holidays, with respect to the parking meters and locations set out in Schedules “B” and “C” of this by-law, save and except with respect to enforcement related to municipal parking areas as provided in Part III (A) 4) which shall continue to apply as set out therein.
2. THAT Part III (A) 4) of By-law No. 03-62, being a section relating to Prohibited Parking in Specified Places, be hereby deleted and replaced with the following:
4) Notwithstanding Part VI (3), no person shall permit a vehicle to be parked or left standing on any street or in any area designated as a municipal parking area within the Town between the hours of 1 o’clock and 7 o’clock in the morning, from December 1st each year until March 31st in the following year, and any vehicle parked or left standing during the aforementioned period in violation of this section, may be removed and any expense incurred for such removal may be charged to and collected from the owner of the offending vehicle.
3. THAT this By-law shall come into full force and effect on the date of final passage hereof at which time all by-laws and/or resolutions that are inconsistent with the provisions of this By-law and the same are hereby repealed or rescinded insofar as it is necessary to give effect to the provisions of this by-law. In all other respects, By-law No. 03-62 remains valid and binding and is not amended except to the extent necessary to give effect to this By-law
ENACTED AND PASSED this 24th day of October, 2011