Job #2017-10: Greenspace Attendant – (Seasonal)
Date Posted: April 20, 2017
Closing date: May 8, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Seasonal (1 position)
Work period: May – November 10
Wage range: $12.90 - $14.40 per hour
Hours of work: 40 per week, usually Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; flexibility in scheduling is necessary with the occasional requirement for evening, weekend or holiday hours
Greenspace Attendants are responsible for maintaining the floral displays on municipal property, perform general vegetation maintenance of Town trails, and perform general equipment maintenance (weed eater, water pump).
Experience and Qualifications:
1. OSSD or equivalent, together with three (3) months’ of related experience.
2. Ability to operate a power weed eater, roto-tiller and water pump; understand standard operating procedure manuals.
3. Knowledge of fertilizers and their application.
4. Ability to work independently, and to deal courteously with the public, rental organizations and staff; and foster excellent working and interpersonal communications.
5. Ability to perform minor equipment maintenance.
6. Must be physically capable to perform the duties of this position including lifting up to 40 pounds.
7. Ability to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, applicable legislation, regulations, statues and departmental policies/procedures/practices and operational guidelines.
8. Valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License in good standing and Driver’s Abstract with results satisfactory to the Town.
9. Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate
10. Police Information Check with results satisfactory to the Town.