Job #2017-16: Local History/Genealogy Assistant – Library (1 Student)
Date Posted: April 13, 2017
Closing date: May 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Student
Wage range: $12.90 - $14.40 per hour
Hours of work: 35 per week, usually Monday through Friday with the requirement for evening, weekend and holiday hours; flexibility in scheduling is necessary
Work period: May 8 – August 25 (16 weeks)
Provide support to the Genealogy Department, assist with the local history/genealogy digitization project.
Experience and Qualifications:
1. Post-Secondary Education (preference given to candidates with history related courses).
2. Must have an interest in history and historical research – an interest in genealogy would be an asset.
3. Must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and be comfortable with computers and willing to learn new software programs; basic website design experience would be beneficial.
4. Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent communication, customer service, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Ability to travel to and from work in a reliable manner and willingness to travel within the community for business, as required.
6. Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
7. Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate
8. Police Information Check with results satisfactory to the Town