Job #2017-02: Programmer Education - Museum
Date Posted: April 11, 2017 (originally posted January 30, 2017)
Closing date: May 1, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Student
Wage range: $14.15 per hour
Hours of work: 35 per week, usually Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; flexibility in scheduling is necessary with the occasional requirement for evening, weekend or holidays hours
Work period: May 15 – August 25, 2017 (15 weeks)
Provide care, supervision and program facilitation for participants in a quality day camp experience for school-aged children (ages 6 to 12) with a historical focus. Develop, promote and implement crafts, games, storytelling and day trips to other sites and through effective leadership and programming, enable children to develop skills, learn, socialize and build self-esteem.
1. OSSD or equivalent, Early Childhood Education or Teachers courses.
2. Customer service experience, participation in leadership programs or related experiences, background working in the outdoors
3. Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to work with a wide variety of ages and demographic groups but specifically children ages 6 – 12, previous experience with children in a day camp setting is an asset.
5. Energetic, enthusiastic and flexible, willing to commit for the summer season.
6. Ability to work as a team member or independently as required and exercise initiative.
7. Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C certificate
8. Vulnerable Sector check acceptable to the Town of Collingwood.
9. Ability to take change and motivate others.
10. Ability to observe/assess camper behaviour, enforce safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behaviour-management techniques.
11. Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications, and office equipment.