BEING A BY-LAW TO ADOPT THE 2017 FEES AND SERVICE CHARGES
WHEREAS Sections 391 of the Municipal Act 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25 as amended, authorizes a municipality to pass by-laws imposing fees or charges on persons,
a) for services or activities provided or done by or on behalf of it;
b) for costs payable by it for services or activities provided or done by or on behalf of any other municipality or any local board; and
c) for the use of its property including property under its control.
AND WHEREAS Section 69 of the Planning Act R.S.O. 1990, c.P.13, as amended, permits a municipality to establish a tariff of fees for the processing of applications made in respect of planning matters;
AND WHEREAS Section 7 of the Building Code Act, S.O. 1992, c.23, as amended, permits the Council of a municipality to pass by-laws to require the payment of fees on applications for and on the issuance of permits;
NOW THEREFORE COUNCIL OF THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COLLINGWOOD ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. THAT the 2017 General Municipal Fees and Service Charges for the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood, attached hereto and listed below, be adopted:
Section A General Government-Corporate Management-Administration
Section B Protective Services
Section C Transportation
Section D Parks Recreation and Culture
Section E Planning and Development
Section F Municipal Service Boards
Section G Non Tax Supported
Section H Transit; and
Water and Wastewater Rates
2. THAT fees and charges will be subject to Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) and Retail Sales Tax (RST) where applicable.
3. THAT fees and charges, with the exception of Water and Wastewater Rates, shall be adjusted annually, on January 1, by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) of the third quarter of the prior year, where feasible.
4. THAT in those instances where the fee is not adjusted by the CPI in one year, the cumulative adjustment for past years may be made in future years, as approved by Council.
5. THAT despite paragraphs 3 and 4, fees and charges may be adjusted, as approved by Council to recover, at a minimum, respective service, administration and capital costs, as well as costs for any other purpose in any amount permitted under applicable law.
6. THAT this By-law shall come into full force and effect January 1, 2017. At which time all by-laws and/or resolutions that are inconsistent with the provisions of this By-law and the same are hereby repealed or rescinded insofar as it is necessary to give effect to the provisions of this By-law.
ENACTED AND PASSED this 12th day of December, 2016.