BEING A BY-LAW UNDER THE PROVISION OF SECTION 34 OF THE PLANNING ACT, R.S.O. 1990, C. P.13, AS AMENDED
WHEREAS Section 34 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13, as amended, permits a Council to pass a by-law prohibiting the use of land, buildings or structures within a defined area or areas;
AND WHEREAS Collingwood Zoning By-law No. 2010-040 is the governing By-law of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood and such was finally passed by the Council of the Town of Collingwood on April 12th, 2010;
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood has deemed it advisable to amend Collingwood Zoning By-law No. 2010-040, and thus implement the Official Plan of the Town of Collingwood;
AND WHEREAS Council deems that adequate public notice of the public meeting was provided and adequate information regarding this Amendment was presented at the public meeting held February 22nd, 2016, and that a further public meeting is not considered necessary in order to proceed with this Amendment;
NOW THEREFORE THE COUNCIL OF THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COLLINGWOOD ENACTS AS FOLLOWS:
1. THAT Schedule “A” of Collingwood Zoning By-law No. 2010-040, as amended, is hereby further amended as it pertains to lands shown more particularly on Schedule ‘A’ affixed hereto and forming part of this by-law, by rezoning said lands from the RESIDENTIAL THIRD DENSITY EXCEPTION FORTY-FIVE (R3-45) ZONE to the RESIDENTIAL THIRD DENSITY EXCEPTION FORTY-ONE (R3-41) ZONE and from the RESIDENTIAL THIRD DENSITY EXCEPTION FORTY-FIVE (R3-45) ZONE to the ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION (EP) ZONE.
2. THAT Section 6.5 titled Residential Exception Zones of the Collingwood Zoning By-law No. 2010-040, as amended, is hereby amended in part by adding to the existing reserved RESIDENTIAL THIRD DENSITY EXCEPTION FORTY-ONE (R3-41) ZONE provision the wording below in proper sequence as follows;
“Uses shall be limited to the following:
· Duplex dwelling,
· Single detached dwelling,
· Semi-detached dwelling,
· Townhouse dwellings, and,
· Boarding home.
The following zoning exception shall also apply to a single detached dwelling:
Minimum lot area: 300 m2
Minimum lot frontage: 11.0 m
The following zoning exception shall also apply to a street townhouse dwelling:
Minimum lot frontage: 7.0 m
Minimum interior side yard (end unit): 1.2 m”
3. THAT Collingwood Zoning By-law No. 2010-040 is hereby amended to give effect to the foregoing, but that Collingwood Zoning By-law 2010-040 shall in all other respects remain in full force and effect.
4. THAT this By-law shall come into force and effect on the date it is enacted and passed by the Council of the Corporation of the Town of Collingwood, subject to notice hereof being circulated in accordance with the provisions of the Planning Act and Ontario Regulation 545/06, and if required as a result of such circulation the obtaining of the approval of the Ontario Municipal Board.
ENACTED AND PASSED this 28th day of November, 2016.